- This event has passed.
Hamilton Recovery Awareness Day
September 12, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
We are excitedly working on a great agenda for this year and glad to have beautiful Gage Park as a backdrop to our event. Here is a taste of what you can expect:
- Musical performances throughout the event
- Open Mic opporunities for people to share their experience with recovery
- An opportunity to recognize some of those in our community who have had success in their own recovery and given back to others
- Yoga and salsa activities
- Mindful Meditation practices
- A kid zone
- Our Art Marketplace featuring local artists in recovery
- Booths with information and opportunities to connect with community agencies
- A Memorial instalation for those who have passed away due to addiction
- Food Trucks will be available throughout our event
- Collective recovery based art pieces we hope everyone will help us create.
September is Recovery Awareness Month. Those of us working in the Hamilton Addiction services are proud to honour and celebrate the men, women and youth who are reaching out, giving back, embracing life and making a significant mark in their community through their recovery efforts. Recovery is Possible. Every stage of the journey matters and if you are struggling with addiction, you are not alone. We come together at our Annual event to hear stories of inspiration, share music and spoken word and are delighted to showcase the therapeutic value of the arts in this journey. The Recovery Awareness Day Committee seeks sponsorship to ensure any person who would like to attend and also are putting a call out to the recovery community for anyone who would like to display their artwork, of any medium or be a part of our celebration. Feel free to share our page, follow us on twitter @RAD2018Hamilton and follow our posts. Keep coming back!!